Minnesota Wild Foragers:
- Where I learned the majority of my wild food’s knowledge. Audrey and her partner Richard own a perennial polyculture and grass-fed beef farm in Montevideo Minnesota. Attend her annual Grasp the Nettle event the first Sunday in May.
- Herbalist and wild forager extraordinaire Connie has been an integral part of expanding my horizons with herbs and wild foods. Connie and her partner Doug own The Lamb Shoppe a grass-fed lamb and health foods store just outside of Hutchinson Minnesota. Connie hosts regular classes and has an annual Wild Foods lunch in May.
- Erin is a wealth of information on wild foods and herbs. A doula and herbalist Erin teaches herbalism and foraging classes and co-hosts Minnesota’s Herbal Festival with herbalist Lise Wolff that is hosted annually in Belle Plain Minnesota.
- Lise is the “grandmother” of many of the herbalists in the Twin Cities area and teaches a 3 Seasons of Herbalism Wisdom course out of her home in Minneapolis that includes a wealth of wild foraging information. She is an avid forager herself and co-hosts Minnesota’s Herbal Festival with herbalist Erin Piorier.
- I have not had the privilege of attending a class by Paul Red Elk but he is a well-respected teacher. Click the link above for a full bio. Well worth attending any class or seminar where Paul is presenting.
- Euell Gibbons, Stalking the Wild Asparagus (2005)
- John Kallas’s Edible Wild Plants (2010)
- Kelly Kindscher’s Edible Wild Plants of the Prairie (1987)
- Samuel Thayer, The Forager’s Harvest: A Guide to Identifying, Harvesting and Preparing Edible Wild Plants (2006)
- Samuel Thayer, Nature’s Garden: A Guide to Identifying, Harvesting and Preparing Edible Wild Plants (2010)
- Hunter Angler Gardener Cook: honest-food.net
- Wild Man Steve Brill: wildmanstevebrill.com
- Wild Foods & Medicines: wildfoodsandmedicines.com